Monday, September 13, 2010

Palm of My Hand



Today I read a devotional by Sharon Jaymes, and was once again reminded that God loves me so much that He has written my name on the palm of His hand. Why do we write on the palms of our hands? Mostly, we write as a reminder of something or someone we don't want to forget. What a special God we have. He collects our tears in a bottle, write our names on His palms, sings to us. Oh how we are loved. a link to that devotion:Girlfriends in God - Sept. 13, 2010
As I read this devotion, tears start to well up and I again felt the shame and humiliation from the actions and comments of a 4th grade teacher. I stood before my class of 30 9 years old and was told to demonstrate how I blew my nose or didn't blow my nose. I must have suffered from some type of allergy, as my nose was always running. Oh how I wish I could have seen Jesus, wiping my tears, holding and hugging me that day. Instead I felt the tears-tears God was collecting, and the anger and the hurt-the anger and hurt He bore on the cross and knew He loved me above all else. Praise Him I know that now.

No comments: